Saturday, September 12, 2009

Awards, walks & Geese

It seems that mom has been way to busy with the start of the school year to lend a hand to me with the blog. *sigh* It is sure tough to be a hound, with paws too big to type by myself!

I was very happy to learn that my little blog had been awarded the "Gold Hydrant" award by the fine folks at Life With Dogs. I'm honored! And especially since my fellow bloodhound bloggers Gus and Marmalade were also granted the same award this week. Three hounds all getting an award - that must be some sort of record.

We made a departure from the regularly scheduled walk route awhile ago, and all piled into the vehicle and drove to a nearby park to walk. Yes, I know, that does sound a bit crazy...drive somewhere to walk, but the change of scenery was rather fun.



Here, I check out the landscapeing - please note the darker drool smear to the right of my paw. Just wanted to leave my own little bit of decoration there.



I'd say Ladybug Lake is more a pond, but I suppose Ladybug Pond just didn't have the nice alliteration going for it.




There were lots of great smells emanating from those weeds down there, but I was not allowed to go and check it out. I guess mom was thinking that she really didn't want to go for a swim that morning.



This last picture doesn't involve me, but mom remembers Gus talking about moose. Well, we don't have moose, but we do have goose - I mean, geese. Mom took this picture early one morning at school.

That's about all from here for now, I hope everyone is enjoying these late summer/early fall days. Pretty soon there will be leaves to play in and cooler days for lots more sniffing and towing!

6 comments:

Wimsey said...

Though late by two weeks, happy birthday!

Lovely park, very happy you added drool to the sign. Sorry about the gentle leader, humans really like it don't they?

Wimsey

Bentley said...

Thanks Wimsey!

The only thing about the gentle leader...I wish it didn't make my handsome face so squishy and funny looking! It really isn't so bad for me.

I think you've mentioned you wear a prong collar. My humans tried one of those for me and I didn't like it at all. Of course, being a bloodhound (which means I tow!) they have quite a collection of pretty much any device that is "guaranteed" to make it easy to easy to walk with your dog.

Bernie said...

Congrats on the award, Bentley. My compliments also on the lovely drool--very impressive color. My parents have a harness for me, and we all really like it. Of course, I still tow like crazy, but Mom needs the exercise.

D.K. Wall said...

Goose, Geese, Moose, Meese? Makes sense to us.

Edie and Gus said...

Bentley, I am SO SORRY that you have been subjected to that horrible device, the Gentle Leader. Guess what Edie just got out last week for me? Yep. The same. Only because I bruised up her arm (and her pride) when I tried to greet a wandering dog.

She used the leader on me when I was a pup, but I got smart. By the time I hit about 80 pounds, I realized I could run like the wind and hide from the dumb thing. When that didn't work, I would trample her when she tried to put it on me. So she went to the prong collar. Until last week. She just doesn't seem to approve of my 100 pound self leaping, twisting, pulling and lunging while walking on the incline of the hillside. Humans. Now she parades me around like a dang pony, so proud that I'm not dragging her around. We will see what happens. I still have some tricks up my sleeve...
Anyway, love the Ladybug Lake shots! Especially the drool. And I also agree that the school thing gets in the way of our humans, doesn't it??

The Gusinator

Edie and Gus said...

Hey, can you see your followers on your blog? Mine all disappeared a few minutes ago. Yours look blank to me, too. Wonder what's up??