Sunday, May 3, 2009

Your Inner Dog

This week at work, my mom received a gift from a co-worker. It's a copy of a book called "Your Inner Dog", sub titled - "Discover what your favorite breed says about you!".

She hasn't had a chance to delve into the contents of the profiles in detail (stay tuned for a more detailed review in the future), but she did notice from the table of contents that the breeds are grouped into 5 divisions. For example, many toy breeds are found in the Pretty & Polished chapter. Beau's breed, Labrador retriever , would be found in the Fit & Fun chapter. For some reason, laughter was heard when she read that the bloodhound is listed in the chapter entitled Cultured & Classic.

I have no idea why she thought that was so funny.



4 comments:

Wimsey said...

Yeah, Elizabeth tends to laugh when she hears things like that to describe us too.

Wimsey

Edie and Gus said...

You ARE a classic, Bentley! Sad eyes, dry slobber across the nose. Whatever is the humor in that?

Edie says all of the bloodhound bloggers should do a photo montage of their best drool photos. You inspired the idea with your "Just a Lil' Drool" blog this winter. She has been saving up photos of me.

Have you been hunting any squirrels lately? We saw one a couple of weeks ago. I think the owls find them quite tasty around here. We just had our first hatch of mosquitos. The giant slow ones. They are really quite yummy. I am anxiously awaiting the pincher bugs. Now those are my favorite!

Your Northern Bloodhound Buddy,
Gus

Bernie said...

Drool photos! Yes--I will command Mom and Dad to start compiling...

Bentley said...

Oh boy - a goobler gallery!

Gus, you may please keep the mosquitoes there? We wouldn't mind that at all. Squirrels and bunnies are plentiful here. I don't think the owls & hawks here are big enough to bother the grown ones. They tend to stick to small birds, mice, gophers and so on.

But, Beau and I still like to chase the squirrels and bunnies that might show up in the back yard!