While we all often go out on walks, it's not all that often that we all head out in the pickup for a drive. This morning we went to a grand opening of a very fancy new boarding and day care facility nearby. They've even got a pool! OK, I've never been in water, but everyone seemed to think that was a pretty cool feature. (I heard talk of going for a swim there someday, I'll be sure to let you know how that turns out!)
Human mom was thinking I'd be a bit scared of things, because, well, I'm a bit shy of new things a lot of times, but this place was cool. There were lots of other friendly dogs there to see it too, there were really lots of interesting things to smell, and even toys to climb on in the play area. Mom said it was good for me to go and do all that, and I guess it wasn't so bad after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Bentley!
That sounds like a great place. Must be expensive since it sounds more like a resort, you lucky hound! Will you get to go there again? They should feel honored by the presence of a bloodhound! My family takes us to the dog park occasionally, where we are well known for our antics and, of course, noise! They are in the process of building a 20 acre dog park which will include ponds and other cool stuff. An indoor area would be awesome for hounds, as we don't tolerate the extreme cold up here in Alaska very well, although I don't think it's part of the plan. How cold does it get where you live?
Keep up the great blog!
Gus
Hi Gus and everyone,
Good to hear from you again.
We might get to go back to the Doggie resort again. By the way, the "we" I mention includes my older doggie "brother". He's a yellow lab and has this really odd habit of doing what the humans ask him to do. I just don't understand that at all.
Anyway, I don't think we'll go there for a vacation or anything, but you can rent time in the pool, and they do have playtime too. There's a dog park here, but there are too many dogs there that can be kind of mean. Mom worries about us!
You're right, it would be nice to play inside during the winter. I live in south-central Minnesota, and it does get cold and snowy here. I know I've heard the humans say "below zero" & "wind chill" quite a few times - I'm sure you've heard that in Alaska too! I'm not sure I like the hot summers all that much either, but spring, and fall, like now, are great!
Post a Comment