Monday, June 8, 2009

So, I'm shedding a little, so what?



Yes, it is still the season to be shedding. Although, the weather has been a bit, shall we say, variable? If you recall, there was a day where the temperatures were just one degree away from triple digits. Yet, this past weekend has been rainy and cool. Today's high will likely only reach in the 50s. (There's a baseball game tonight - my mom is talking to herself about getting out the parka again.)

Anyway, it makes it hard for a hound to know what to do? Shall I shed, or shall I not? I've been leaning toward the shedding side, as have, apparently, most of my hound friends.

I also fear that there may be a bath in my near future. Apparently, I'm to go and visit some fine folks this Friday and for some reason, even though the point of the visit is for the group to learn about the bloodhound breed, my mom would prefer that the part about houndly odor remains unmentioned and unnoticeable. If that bath thing comes true, I'm going to be sure to make up for it with extra drool and additional volume to my baying.

3 comments:

Wimsey said...

Bentley,

That looks like you could make a whole other dog! I know about the shedding, when they zoomed me last weekend I left a huge pile of hair for the birds to line their nests. Do make sure your humans give you lots of turkey while they bathe you. And yes, drool lots and bay loudly.

Wimsey

Bernie said...

Wow Bentley, impressive! Bernie is shedding like mad as well, despite Mom's best "furminator" efforts. I think a bath is in our future...

Edie and Gus said...

Wow, I guess we are ALL shedding. My humans keep making comments about how I'm trying to grow a guinea pig in the corner of my crate. Guess that means I'm leaving a little hair behind...but no sir, no bath for me. I will not hear of it!