Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Really Spring?

I promise, no more tricks about spring this time. Robins have arrived here again, along with quite a few other birds. It's fun to leap after them when they flutter around when we are on walks. Mom says I'm not supposed to do that, because I'm a scent hound, and not a sight hound. My way of thinking? Any excuse to misbehave is good enough for me! Mom also says that there's an old wives tale that it has to snow 3 times on the robin's back after they return. Oh well. I don't care as much about the weather as the humans do. There are plenty of things to sniff in any season.

Because of the nice weather, we have been seeing more people when we are out on our walks. The last time we were out, we saw 3 bicycles and 6 people walking - one with a stroller. Pretty soon there will be lots of kids out playing baseball and softball. That's always kind of interesting. As long as they don't screech too much, it's OK.



And to make up for the trick with the tulips last time, here's a picture of some tulips that are actually growing in my backyard. Not real smart, because if that snow does come along again, they are not going to be in real good shape!



And, a picture of me - for no particular reason. As you can see, I was again doing my best to be uncooperative. This is actually the best picture of the bunch. Mom decided she was going to post it anyway, just to show how contrary I can be.

3 comments:

Edie and Gus said...

Bentley, you are one lucky hound! Grass and tulip sprouts to munch on- things couldn't be much better. I am totally with you about the robins. One tried to build a nest under our deck last year, and I charged it and barked at it nonstop for about a week before it finally gave up and left. Much to the relief of the humans. They didn't appreciate me body slamming the deck railing. I really hate robins.

Edie has always noticed that I am a very visual scent hound. I am always watching the big ravens and even the planes overhead. I know it's because I just don't want to miss a thing. Maybe all bloodhounds are visually gifted like us?

Your friend,
Gus the Snowhound of the North

P.S. You can see what our yard looks like tomorrow on our blog...

Bernie said...

I'm visually gifted too--I chase all the birds I see... we're omni-hounds (visual, sight, you name it). Just knocked over and opened the kibble canister in the kitchen and went to town... Dad was NOT impressed but Bernie was happy to help with the cleanup!

Bentley said...

Omni-hounds! I like that!