Sunday, February 22, 2009

Puppies

Paris, my littermate/sister, had a litter of puppies on January 27. They've got their own live web cam!

My human guardians keep saying "Oh, they are so cute". Fortunately, they really are fairly sensible, and know better than to add another canine to the household. Although, my human mom does keep reminding human dad that Gus is part of a pack of 3.

On the other hand, a friend has let us know that there is a litter of golden retriever puppies due in late March. The golden mom-to-be was in my rally obedience class. She kind of liked to chew on my lips. I'm sure a puppy would be all sorts of bother!

I'm pretty sure when they think it through, they'll realize that even a grown-up hound is still nearly as much trouble as a puppy and leave it at that.

7 comments:

Bernie said...

Awww... congrats on becoming an uncle, Bentley. I'm sure the pups will be just as handsome as you. Any more outings to the pool?

Edie and Gus said...

Uncle Bentley! How cool is that? We will be sure to check out the pup-cam.

Three dogs in the house? Edie learned that two dogs are pets, and three makes a pack. (heehee) We have lots of pack hierarchy issues with three dogs. I, the majestic bloodhound, believe I should be top dog, but Molly the old female believes she is the matriarch. There are now battles which we never had with just two of us. Be careful before adding hound #3!!

Edie and Gus said...

Okay, Bentley, now you've done it! Edie and the girls CAN'T STOP WATCHING THE PUP-CAM!!! Now they are all, "Oh, remember when Gus was that cute?" and "He's such a monster now--why didn't he stay little like that?"

Sigh. It's tough being a giant, isn't it?

Bernie said...

So cute! They are just gorgeous!

Bentley said...

Um, sorry about that everyone. Mom and dad have been spending a bit too much time watching that pup cam as well.

I tried to show mom how cute I am by bowling her over when she got home from work today. I don't know if it worked, but I'm pretty sure she's totally convinced now that an additional hound would be a less-than-good idea.

Bernie said...

Good move, Bentley. Three dogs (including a hound) is a lot of dog. Mom was so proud she managed to walk both me and Bernie to the park and back (and lived to tell about it!). She's been working out in secret, I know it.

Edie and Gus said...

Now Edie's 2nd grade class has even watched the pup-cam. What fun they had today!!