Thus, I have realized that there is obviously some toy discrimination going on in this household. The closest thing that I get to a stuffed toy is Red Fuzzy Ball.

Mostly, my toys are not of the soft, shred-able variety. You've noted pictures of the Blue Ball, and Red Holey Ball in previous posts. One of my favorite toys of all (and not soft in any way!) is my Galileo Bone.

It's tough to chew, but with persistence, I can manage to do some damage to it.

Now, as I was saying, there is some toy discrimination going on here, because Beau gets soft and fuzzy toys! However, being a lab (with that famous soft mouth), those soft and fuzzy toys are perfectly safe from destruction. (I don't know, I think he's very silly not to shred them in an instant, but, I do try to understand.)
His favorite toys? An old pair of Lands' End slippers! Really, the humans should let Lands' End know just how durable their products are. Human mom wore these for a couple of years, and when she got a new pair, Beau commandeered the old pair for toys. They are a bit bedraggled, but not torn or shredded.


He even gets to play with one of those hedgehogs that everyone's been talking about. Not fair, I tell you, not fair!

4 comments:
Hi Bentley!
I agree with you that these things are just not fair. In my house, though, ALL the hounds eat stuffing, so nobody gets anything really good. We are stuck with the hard indestructible toys just like you. I must say, however, with some amount of pride, that I am able to gnaw the large nylabones completely in half in just a couple of days.
The girls are all oohing and aahing over your brother's photos. They think he looks extremely cute and cuddly. And, can you believe it? They are commenting on how cuddling with such a cute lab would probably leave a person relatively dry and slobber-free. Please!
Steal that shoe from your brother!!
Trusty (I will destroy everything) Gus
Oh goodness, I'm laughing at the comment that Beau would be dry and slobber free.
Now, I admit that he can't manage the wonderful slingable drool that a hound is capable of, and yes, I've also got to admit that overall, he does seem to enjoy cuddling. But don't walk near the water bowl after he's had a drink! I think half of what he drinks drains out onto the floor. Yuck.
I just sent Marmie a link to my all time favorite non-stuffed toy. Thought maybe I'd give it to you, too. It took me over a month to get at the ball in the middle. Well worth the price, but I did get in trouble all the time because of how I was guarding the toy from Dimond and Molly. We got it at Petco, Edie's LEAST favorite pet store :-( She is going to get me another soon. I hope.
http://www.dogtoys.com/dogteaserball2.html
Trusty Gus
Aw... you're so cute with your bone, Bentley--love those wrinkles. We have a lab friend down the street, and she's definitely NOT slobber free, although nobody can fling goobers like I do! Got one on the kitchen ceiling last week! Gus, Bernie guards too, so we get treats, toys and food on separate floors of the house.
Post a Comment