
Well, I was quite excited about this. You see, Wimsey very kindly had a give-away on his blog. He'd had the opportunity to review a DVD set by Cesar Millan. Wimsey had kindly offered to give-away an additional set of the DVDs.


Now, we all know that bloodhounds are not known to excel at obedience (cuteness, yes. obedience, no), but here's the thing. My brother, Beau, is a registered Therapy Dog. The group goes to nursing homes, assisted living residences...that kind of thing. Can you almost guess what kind of dogs are in the group? There are 3 labs, a golden, a poodle, a sheltie...you get the picture, right? Well, I'm thinking that the addition of a free-spirited bloodhound to the group would certainly bring a smile to many faces.
But...here's the quandary. In order to be registered, I need to pass a... *sigh*... test. Apparently, there is concern that a large hound barreling down the halls of such places just might just not be a good idea. And, as much as I hate to admit it, just like the lion in "The Wizard of OZ", I also could use some courage. Sometimes, I'm just not a real brave dog.
So there you have it! Wimsey, I thank you so much, and I hope that these DVDs will help me in my quest.
Thankfully, the videos are mostly meant for the humans, since you can see that my attention is elsewhere, while my human guardian carefully watches the instructions. Maybe she'll make me popcorn for the next one!

1 comment:
Hahahahaha! A bloodhound therapy dog? Edie says that the humans will NEED more therapy after a visit from a boisterous bloodhound....I can see it now....chairs knocked over, people on the floor, and Bentley standing over it all saying, "Oops!"
Edie says that I am allowed to send you some of my overabundance of courage. I seem to have plenty to spare, as I cower from NOTHING!
Chew up that Cesar video as fast as you can, Bentley!
Am sending more snow your way,
Gus, Snowhound of Alaska
Post a Comment