Thursday, September 25, 2008

My kingdom

It seems like it's a good idea to survey my kingdom once in awhile, you know, keep an eye on the neighborhood to make sure everything is as it should be.

4 comments:

Edie and Gus said...

Wow, Bentley! That picture really reminds Edie of me...that happens to be my favorite pose on the deck. Do you bark at interesting things and jump up and down on your hind legs like I do while standing at the rail? It's so much fun!

Winter is here. Snow is coming down hard. I'm going to miss lounging on the deck, but at least peeing in the snow is one of my favorite activities!

Your Northern Bloodhound Buddy,
Gus

Bentley said...

Oh Gus, snow already?!? We've probably got a month and a half or so here before that. The leaves are changing, but there are still a lot on the trees, and lots of crops still be harvested. (One year we did get a blizzard on Halloween. That's not really normal though.)

I usually just observe when I look out over the neighborhood, but I do like to let out a bay if mom doesn't open the door fast enough - either on the way out or the way in. Jumping is my usual response when I see people on bikes when we're out on walks.

Have fun in the snow.

Bernie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernie said...

Bentley, you are one beautiful hound. The bath pictures are hilarious! Mom and Dad have to keep me and Bernie harnessed when they bathe us. Otherwise we take of and then go and roll in stuff as soon as we're clean. We spend all that time perfecting our distinct houndly odor, only to have it be washed away...